There’s so many discounts available to Canadian seniors but unfortunately most seniors are missing out because they don’t know about them. That’s why we put together this list of the top discounts available for people over 50. To save your hard-earned money, make sure that you know what discounts you are entitled to:
1. Save on Groceries
M&M Food Market: 10% OFF all Regular Priced items, every Tuesday
Bulk Barn: 10% off for 65+ every Wednesday
Safeway: 10% off for Air Miles holders on the first Tuesday of the month and some stores offer senior discounts on the first Wednesday of the month
Giant Tiger: 10% off for 60+ on first Monday of the month
Sobeys: 10% off First Wednesday of the month
2. Pharmacy Discounts
- Lawtons Drug: Seniors save 20 percent off regular-priced merchandise on the monthly 55+ Appreciation Day. (Check your local store or the website for dates and details.) Some exclusions apply.
- Rexall Pharma Plus: Seniors save 20 percent on regular-priced merchandise on Seniors’ Day (which happens once a month). Some exclusions apply.
- Shoppers Drug Mart: Seniors ages 65 and older get 20 percent off regular-priced merchandise on Seniors’ Discount Day (usually the last Thursday of the month). Some exclusions apply.
3. Retail Discounts
- Home Hardware: Home Hardware offers a 20% senior discount on select days. Contact your nearest outlet for more information.
- Value Village: Seniors citizens with valid ID are eligible for a 30% discount every Tuesday at participating Value Village thrift stores. Contact your nearest outlet for availability.
- Metro: save up to 50% OFF with Good Savings
- RONA: Customers who are 50 years or older can get 15% off at RONA when they present their valid ID. For online purchases, use promo code 5015. Available on the first Tuesday of every month.
- Canadian Tire, Home Hardware, Lowe’s, HomeDepot – save up to 70% OFF with Good Savings
- Lawtons Drugs: Seniors who are 55 years old and above can get a 20% discount at Lawtons Drugs once a month depending on store location. Exclusions apply.
- Reno Depot: Reno Depot offers a 15% discount to seniors who are 55 or older every first Tuesday of the month. Valid ID is required.
- Giant Tiger: Customers who are 60 or older are eligible for senior discounts at Giant Tiger. Availability depends on store location.
- Pet Valu: Seniors who are 60 years old and above can get a 10% discount on the last Thursday of every month when they sign up for the Pet Valu Your Rewards program.
- Salvation Army Thrift Stores: Senior citizens who are 60 or older can get 10% off their order at participating Salvation Army Thrift Stores. Bring valid ID.
4. Food and Restaurant Discounts
- McDonalds: offers everyday discounted seniors coffee and coffee/muffin deals (60+)
- KFC: Seniors who are 55 years old and above with valid ID can get discounts at select KFC outlets in Canada. Contact your nearest store.
- Tim Hortons: Senior can get discounts at select Tim Hortons locations. Ask in the nearest franchise for further information
- Subway: offers 10%, discount to seniors at Manager’s discretion (60+)
- Taco Bell: Taco Bell offers discounts to seniors who are 65 or older with valid ID. Available at select locations only.
- Arby’s: 10% discount to senior citizens with proof of age. Availability depends on store location.
- Denny’s: Customers who are 55 or older can get 15% off their order at participating Denny’s outlets every Thursday 2PM-10PM. Bring valid ID.
- Burger King: Offers seniors coffee (55+)
5. Travel Discounts
• Best Western: If you’re 55 or older, you’ll receive 10 percent off or more. You may also receive early check-ins, late check-outs, and free room upgrades.
• Choice Hotels: Seniors 60 and older get a 10 percent discount when they book in advance.
• Marriott: Seniors ages 62 and over save 15 percent or more off rates
• CheapOAir: CheapOAir Canada offers discounts on select flight tickets to senior citizens with valid proof of age.
• Amtrak: Amtrak passengers who are 60 years old and above can get 10% off select cross-border services. Restrictions apply
6. Stay More Connected To Your Family With This FREE Family App
Do you want to feel more connected to your kids and grandkids and get updates and pictures on what is happening in their daily lives?
Or maybe you don’t feel like sharing private moments of your life on Facebook for the rest of the world to see?
This new Family Circle App allows you to create a private circle of just your close family and friends and upload, comment, like each others pictures and videos.
There’s also an in-built group chat for the whole family. You can also send private text and voice messages to other members in your circle as well.
Whenever you are posting a new picture to the Family Circle App you know that only the people who will see it are the people you keep close to your heart.
So you are much more free to share more private moments from your life than you would on Facebook.
If you have grandkids you can ask your children to upload a new picture of them each day.
It’s never a dull moment when you see a new photo of your lovely kids or grandkids.
Family Circle App does not sell your personal information to advertisers unlike Facebook. It cares about your privacy and is free to use.