Ten Vacations for Under $1000.00
Looking for a fun, affordable vacation? Well we have ten great ideas for entertaining vacations that cost less than $1000.00.
Take a vacation you will remember forever and save money at the same time. Check out these money-saving vacations.
1. Take a family of four camping for a week at a State Forest or National Park.
Camping gear, campground fees (which usually run per night stayed) and travel fees will run you under $1000.00.
Your family can bond while enjoying the great outdoors during the day and sleeping under the stars at night.
If you purchase a small grill or stove, some of which are made particularly for camping, you can bring your own food to cook and save money on meals as well.
2. The ultimate vacation for any kid is a trip to Disney World.
Disney World has taken measures to make visits to the park affordable for any family.
By staying at one of Disney’s value resorts and visiting during the value portion of the season (January 1-February 16, August 28 – October 4, and November 27 – December 19) you can save a lot of money and still get one of the best vacation experiences in the country.
Room prices in value resorts often start at around $80 a night during the value season.
Airline tickets can be purchased and often found at cheap prices from airlines such as Southwest Airlines and JetBlue Airlines, which aim at offering passengers low airfares.
3. For an experience like no other, bring your family north up to Cochran, located in Ontario, Canada.
Here you and your family can sleep in an actual igloo.
Do not expect to freeze during your stay, these modern igloos include all the charm of a real igloo but include modern amenities such as kitchenettes and sleeping for five people.
Although they are built out of ice and snow the temperature stays warm inside the igloo making for a fun, cheap, comfortable stay in the great white north.
4. Want to give your kids a history lesson and a fun family vacation all mixed into one?
Try Boston, where an abundant amount of the country’s history is right at your fingertips.
Lodging and airfare to Boston will be your biggest expense because most of the city’s attractions are within walking distance.
If you stay inside the city make sure you are within a reasonable distance to the Freedom Trail.
This two and a half mile walk will take you through some of the city’s most historical landmarks.
5. If you do not mind sleeping in a tent but are not quite ready to rough it to the point of staying in shower-less campgrounds, consider a trip to one of many hot springs locations across the US.
Hot Springs, Arkansas is one of these frequently visited areas. Camping cuts the lodging fees but the hot springs offer days full off soaking in the soothing water.
6. For adults, consider saving money on lodging when visiting Europe through staying in local hostels.
Hostels offer people a place to sleep for little to almost no money.
Although the accommodations are far from a quality hotel, if you are only staying a short time then sleep hostels provide the ultimate way to enjoy a cheap vacation.
Staying in hostels also frees up more money to see the many sights of Europe. Travel across the continent, staying in a different country each night.
Chances are you will be able to find a hostel in most European nations.
7. If you and your significant other are looking for a romantic getaway but are not ready to spend large amounts of money, look no further than getting a great deal on a cruise.
Cruise lines such as Carnival Cruise are always offering special deals on cruises, some of which run as low as $500.
Spend a week on a beautiful boat cruising through the spectacular Caribbean and visiting some of the most exotic, tropical islands in the world.
Boats often make stops to the island and offer island excursions that often do not cost much but offer a day of thrills and excitement.
8. Ever wanted to travel across the US?
Try doing it with the help of a greyhound – Greyhound Bus Lines that is. Greyhound Bus Lines offer buses to destinations across the US.
If you are a smart bargain hunter you should be able to find a few cheap motels for lodging along the way.
Stopping for a while in a few select cities allows you to get out and sightsee then continue on later in the day.
Some buses even travel overnight, offering the opportunity to sleep onboard the bus.
9. For an island getaway at a cheap price try Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa in Cancun, Mexico.
The Resort offers packages that boast cheap prices as low as $571 for flights to and from Cancun and a three-night stay at the resort.
Enjoy the warm sun, soft sand and cool ocean water in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
10. If you want to travel to the Caribbean rather than Mexico, consider the Dominican Republic.
Punta Cana Resort in the Dominican Republic is one of the cheapest island vacations you will find.
Hotel rates begin at just over $150 and most everything else you will need while on the island is relatively cheap.
Punta Cana is one of the most exquisite spots on the Dominican Republic and definitely worth the trip.